Pages

New Opportunity, New Challenges

My wife and I have had plans to relocate to the Triangle area of North Carolina for some time. While Madison, WI was wonderful, the Triangle is closer to both our families and has more opportunities for work and education... oh and it boasts a winter temperature that averages above -10 degrees.

My job search began casually a few months before graduation. My brother in law, Brad Berrier, encouraged me to research the company where he worked: Measurement Inc (MI). They are a full-service testing company that provides all the materials and scoring for various organizations. Their headquarters is in a large old tobacco building in Durham, NC. Brad was happy to share his positive impressions of the work being done at MI and I was excited to apply for an open programming position.

After meeting with a number of their staff last week, I was even more impressed. The current employees I met were fabulous. They were enthusiastic about the work they are doing and that's infectious. The development team is knowledgeable and has a number of immediate and long term goals.

I was delighted to receive an offer of employment from Measurement Inc at the end of last week. After accepting the offer, I began thinking about how I could immediately provide the most value to the team that I will be joining. My new manager outlined a number of the technologies that are used in the company, and my meeting with the other members of the team revealed a few more key points. I've used some of these tools in my previous role at American Family Insurance, but there is always room to improve and learn more about related technologies. This blog is the public part of my plan to continuously improve my skill set for Measurement Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment