Pages

Something Old, Something New

I've worked with Oracle exclusively in my past professional experience. School exposed me to a small amount of T-SQL and MySQL. Measurement Inc uses SQL Server, so it's time to beef up my knowledge of T-SQL. I'm looking forward to making the switch. Being a .NET developer with limited exposure to SQL Server is like being a movie director with limited exposure to editing equipment - it just doesn't make sense.

There are tons of great resources online and many thick books published on the subject. I've surfed to a few sites and bought a stack of books. Reading through the material gets me excited to do more with SQL Server than the simple implementations I've used while developing the back end of web applications in Visual Studio.

More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment