Pages

T-SQL Elegance

I've heard of Itzik Ben-Gan and have wanted to attend one of his conferences for some time. One of my former coworkers was able to see him not long ago and came back professing his genius. What's the next best thing to witnessing him solve programming problems in person? I hope it's reading his books, because I've been going through them this week. Here's what is on my desk:

  1. Inside Microsoft SQL Server 2008: T-SQL Querying
  2. Inside Microsoft SQL Server 2008: T-SQL Programming

The books are a companion set and Ben-Gan recommends reading them in order. I began to plow into the companion Programming book until I found the first book was constantly referenced. The Querying book will be a good review with some suggestions for how to elegantly use the features of SQL Server 2008 at an enterprise level.

No comments:

Post a Comment